Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting Issue with X axis date label

Status
Not open for further replies.

Programmer
Aug 4, 2003
US
I am using Crystal Reports 2008.

So i have date and counts chart with dates on the x axis and counts on the y axis.

so the dates are mm/dd/yyyy format
1/10/2008,1/12/2008,1/1/2009,1/11/2008

So now in the chart i want to show it as
Oct-2008,Nov-2008,Dec-2008 and Jan-2009 as display which is possible in crosstab but somehow i am not able to do this feature in charts.
Any ideas because as far as i can see there are options to format Y axis label but none for Y axis.

In CR XI, you can manually select and change each instance on the X-axis to whatever format you like, but then this isn't dynamic. You could also use a formula for your x_axis:

totext({table.date},"MMM-yyyy")

...and then go to Order->specified order, and manually order the months, but that is about as good as it gets, at least in CR XI--I'm not sure about CR 2008.

-LB

Thanks,
But this is the same problem with CR 2008 .

It is wierd on CR's part to give this feature for cross-tab but not charts where you would think the underlying logic is same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back