Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting elements on a form

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
Is there a way to place elements such as buttons and text boxes on a form in such a way that they remain formatted even when the form window is maximized or resized?

Hi!
In VB there is no straightforward way. In Delphi, there is. :)
In VB, you will have to write your own code to reposition controls. You can put this code in the form's Resize event.

Aleksander

There are other options. There are several third party ocx controls that you can site on a given form and they'll handle most of the resizing for you.

The downside is that they're usually not freeware and can sometimes be a pain to configure.

Do some searching on the net for one that may fir your needs.

Josh

It's a pain to code each control's position during Resize(), but another (less flexible and less cosmetic) way is to place small groups of controls in a PictureBox (BorderStyle = 0-None), and just move the PictueBoxes in the Resize() event. The result is similar to Netscape 6.0 dialogs, where the right/left of the controls maintain a set distance from the form's right/left, but it doesn't displace the controls perfectly as if you're 'zooming' in on the form. Just another thought for u...

~Mike
Any man willing to sacrifice liberty for security deserves neither liberty nor security.

-Ben Franklin

hi,

i want to become an independent sofware developer someday that offers customized software solutions for small businesses in our small town here. the problem is that, i dont know the right amount to charge and terms of payment to this kind of service. also, can anyone give me the practical and hands-on approach in software development stages and the right layout of creating a software documentation (both technical and end-user). im 1st year college right now and i want to have an idea for software development service. i wish anyone can help me.

thanx in advance!!!
merry xmas and happy new year.

t-Bear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back