Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting data in Calculated Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

antemos

Technical User
May 14, 2001
US
Can Data from a calculated field be formatted as currency?
Example: I want to multiply Fields called Share Price (Currency) * Share (Number). When I do this in a query I get a number not formatted to look like currency, instead I get a number with many decimal places and no $ sign. I like to see the sum as currency with 2 decimal places. Is this possible.Thank you.

Yes, should be OK. Just set the format option on the query design or form/report control box. Best Regards,
Mike

Thanks Mike;
That works alright but 1 other thing has cropped up that is perplexing, that is the share number always rounds the number.The properties are as such: Number=Long Integer,Format=General Number,Decimal=3, yet if I enter say 23.567 data rounds off to 24, this is a big problem. I have tried all sorts of property variations with number format and types yet I can't get the desired effect. What the heck am I missing?

Just set your data type to double rather than long integer. Best Regards,
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back