Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting cells having same pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddyyikes

IS-IT--Management
Jul 19, 2004
US
Hi,
I have the following two cells on my spreadsheet with the values: "Jack", (cell 1)
Daniels (cell 2)

I am trying to get the double quotes and the comma for Daniels as well but am unable to do so for some reason. I have tried doing a paste special and the custom field properties option but it didnt seem to work. I guess I'm missing something in the process..please help.. Thanks in advance

Hi,

In Data/Text to Columns -- DELIMITED...

check to see that the Space and Comma delimiters are UNCHECKED.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses] [red]Be Advised![/red] A chicken, who would drag a wagon across the road for 2 cents, is…
POULTRY in motion to PULLET for a PALTRY amount! [tongue][/sub]

Hi,
Thanks for the immediate reply ...but I tried that as well, however it does not do it still.. please help..thanks in advance!

I am trying to get the double quotes and the comma
get? Please explain what you want.

with the values: "Jack",
Does the cell contain the quotation marks and comma characters, or are they just displayed via formatting?

The cells contain the quotation and comma characters via formatting. Thanks for all your help once again! :)

Try custom cell format:
\"@\"\,

combo

Check out the Format Painter.

-----------
Regards,
Zack Barresse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back