Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting based on task status gone in 2007?

Status
Not open for further replies.

rustywill

Technical User
May 8, 2007
US
Hello,

This is a tough one to search out (at least for me)!

In older versions of Project you had the capability to specify the formating for:
Overdue tasks
Active tasks
Critical tasks
and so on.

I can't find this in 2007: is it there or gone?

Thanks so much!
Rusty Williamson

Rusty Williamson
Founder / Director
Virtualmedia Studios, San Diego, CA

It's still there:

View > Gantt
Format > Text styles...

In fact, it's slightly enhanced since you can set up a colour for the font *and* for the cell background.

However ...

You mention specifically Overdue tasks and Active tasks. Those task "categories" (for lack of a better word) were not, in the previous version, among the list of task "categories" that could be selected -- perhaps I have misunderstood your requirement.

As a potential workaround, it is possible to change the formatting of the Gantt bars with a great deal of granularity. It's a bit of an extended discussion but if you want to go that way, let me know.

Hm... I don't see Gantt Format in the View menu. Are you sure you are using Project 2007? I think that this would be changing font in the task bar area. What I was looking for was changing the formating of text in the left hand task table.

Thanks for replying!

Rusty

Rusty Williamson
Founder / Director
Virtualmedia Studios, San Diego, CA

Look at the menu bar going across the top of the MS Project window:

First, set the view:
View > Gantt Chart

Second, set the text display
Format > Text styles...

These elements have been in MSPrj for numerous releases.

Perhaps you are actually using MSPrj 2010 which uses the "ribbon" and, in this case, that's a "whole 'nother ballgame."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back