Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting a set of computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chaosguy

Programmer
Nov 5, 2005
VC
Okay, so I have over 30 computers on a network and they're all infected with a serious virus. tried anti virus softwar ebut non of them seem to be able to get ride of the virus so i give up. time to format the machines and get it oer with.

the thing is, they're all the same brand dell 2200. is there anyways for me to format one and just apply it to all the machiens rather than having to reformat them all which takes about an hour each, and considering i have to install all of my programs again, each machine is gonna take me about 2 hrs. does anyone know a program to help me format all computers in less time? like i said they're all the same brand. i know if can be done, ii just don't know of the software, and ask and google isn't very helpful.

thank u in advance for a quick responce.

Chaosguy - To die would be an awefully big adventure.

If they are all the same brand, you can try an imaging or cloning software. Like Norton Ghost.

You would setup one PC the way you want, then clone that to all the machines, but you'll have to go in manually and change CD-keys, and Activation for everything to be valid etc...

Or you'll have to use something like sysrep, to get the proper keys for each machine.

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

norton ghost. that was the program my friend was telling me about, he didn't say anything about Norton tho. he just said ghost. but yeah, thanks alot. much appreciated. ciao

Chaosguy - To die would be an awefully big adventure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back