Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formatting a date to show just the month 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

aztech

IS-IT--Management
Apr 17, 2001
US
I am trying to format a date to display just the month name spelled out. Currently, it is just returning it as the number. I tried the following, but instead of the month name, it returns "MMMM".

=Format(Fields!Month.Value, "MMMM")

I should also mention that this is a calculated field called "Month" as follows: =MONTH(Fields!ArrivalDate.Value) I also tried the format here, but it still just returned "MMMM".

Thank you.

I also tried =MonthName(Fields!ArrivalDate.Value), but that didn't work either.

Have you tried?
=MonthName(Fields!Month.Value)
or
=Format(Fields!ArrivalDate.Value, "MMMM")

It sounds like your ArrivalDate field is not of the DATETIME type when it gets to the report. You can try converting it to a DATE and then formatting...

=FORMAT(CDATE(Fields!ArrivalDate.Value), "MMMM")

=======================================
People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world. (Calvin from Calvin And Hobbs)

Robert L. Johnson III
CCNA, CCDA, MCSA, CNA, Net+, A+, CHDP
C#.NET Programmer

Thanks DaveInIowa, your solution worked.

Also, thanks to mstrmage1768 for your response. The field was coming over as a DATETIME field, but numeric instead of alpha. I was just trying to get it to convert to alpha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back