Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formating the Details Section

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricky76

MIS
Jun 12, 2003
GB
Can anyone help please? I need to format the details colum on the document i am creating. The details section could have a varying number of entries into it depending on the amount of details that match the criteria. What i need for example is say the 17th field, if in fact there is that many, to be displayed horizontal to the 1st field. The 17th field could vary so i can't just set that field in the report. Let me explain more. A vehicle may only have 5 details to it so the detials will be displayed down the left hand side of the details section. Is there any way i can force a specified record number to start displaying down the opposite side?????

Ricky,
Give us a diagram of what you are looking for... Also, when you are talking about # of details, do you mean # of records?

Thadeus

Yes that is what i mean. In effect i want to display, for example, the top 15 records down the left hand side of the details section with any records over this starting down the right side. Is this possible??

Right click the details section and select format section->Format with Multiple Columns

You'll get a new tab called Layout up above, set it to allow for 2 columns, and then set the height of your detail to allow for 15 rows. You'll need to play with the settings, but that will get you there.

-k

Thank you for that, i have got the details displayed the way i need them now. One further problem has arisen though. I have been asked to put a box around the details but when i do this it creates a separate box around the details on the right hand side. I know why it is doing this but can i prevent it so that i just have one box around all the details????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back