Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formating Question in CR9- supressing duplicate numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

angel106

Technical User
Aug 1, 2005
US
How can i only show one work order number in a group and supressing the duplicate work order.

Example:
I have a Group #1 called Sequence Id
I have a Group #2 called Work order Numbers
I have a Group #3 called Work order Number. yes there are two groups on the same field.

Here;s what i want to do in Group#3 (work orders) i have put a supress statment in the group field to supress every value that doesn;t match the quantity reuired.

On Group #2 i don;t put any supression formula on that group so what i end up seeing is a douple value from Group#3 and Group#2 Example:

Expected Result:
GH1 SEQ 1
GH2 WO100
GH3 WO100

GH1 SEQ 2
GH2 //supressed based on condition
GH3 WO100

Current Result:
GH1 SEQ 1
GH2 WO100
GH3 WO100

GH1 SEQ 2
GH2 WO100
GH3 WO100

THis would be a conditional supress on sections however i don't know how to do this.

You should be able to go to the Section Expert and enter a conditional suppress formula for Group 2. Is that what you tried? I'm not sure I understand what you're asking.

Yes i tried that but how would i know to show the information based on if the previous sequence either was done and never entered?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back