Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formating in Web

Status
Not open for further replies.

mstms

Technical User
Feb 6, 2005
FR
Hi,1)I am drilling from an attribute to a template and these attribute elements are underlined, the underline is extending outside, what may be the reason for this,2)In web,a large gap is being shown between columns and rows, how to reduce this, If any one has answers, please do suggest me, Thanks,
mstms

1. Are you using "Char" columns in your database or "varchars". If you are using "Chars" you might want to use the "trim" function (or strtrim?) to replace leading and trailer spaces

2. You can change the alias for the "metrics" header to "" (instead of matching the font color to the background color) or you can change your grid to use "fixed" column formatting and set the "metrics" column width to zero.

HTH,
FLB

Hi FLB,I got the solution for the 1 problem which is becos I used outline mode.The 2 problem is,I am drlling from an attribute to a template.In this template, I have like 7 or 8 metrics in rows and 1 attribute in column.For each value of the attribute, there will be one column.The problem is a large gap is shown in between the metric names and the values, in web. How can I reduce it.Thanks for your suggestion.
mstms

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back