Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Formating Goldmine Report in Crystal

Status
Not open for further replies.

ksanim

Programmer
Jul 4, 2003
US

I have connected the Contact1 table to the OpMgr table in Crystal Reports. I have multiple contacts in my Goldmine project. Currently Crystal reports displays only the first contact for the project. I currently have OpMgr.Rectype="P". How do I setup the reports so all contacts are displayed for the project, without displaying redundant data?

Also, which .dbf file contains the description of an activity, like nextAction, appt. etc.?

Out of curiosity what do the Rectype values, P,PC,PT represent?

Thanks.

Ksanim,

You need to add in the opmgr table again with a different alias eg call it Influencers this then needs to be restricted to rectype = 'PC'

Regards,

Richard.
PRIOR Analytics UK

Richard,

Thanks for your reply.

After I follow your instructions, I'm assuming I have to link the new OpMGR to Contact1. Do I have to specify a certain type of join to view all contacts?

Richard,

Thanks for your reply. I did as you suggested but now I have the first Contact in the Project listed multiple times instead of the other Contacts.

This really depends on how your grouping the elements. Create a Group on the OPMGR->OPID. You should put the principal opportunity details in the Group Header and the influencers in the details section.

Regards,

Richard.
PRIOR Analytics UK

Richard,

I solved the issue with Project Contacts by inserting the Contact field from the influencer table.

Now, I want to add project tasks to the report. I added another OpMgr table with an alias of OpMgrTasks. I used the select expert to set it's 'RECTYPE' field to 'PK' for tasks and connected it to the OpMgr table by OPID. Afterwards the first contact in my project appears twice in the report. I have 2 contacts in the project but the report displays three entries because the first one repeats.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back