Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Format with Mulitple Column problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sasa888

Programmer
Oct 15, 2001
US
Hi all, I need to write a report to display information from left to right then down. I tried the Format with Multiple Column feature and set the layout tab information, but it is still displaying from top the bottom. I am currently using v8.5, can someone please help? Thanks a bunch!

What are you trying to display? Would a Crosstab be suitable?

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Thanks for your quick response. I think I figured it out, the problem was the horizontal setting. Thanks again!

Well, one question came up. Will the format with multiple column work if it is a subreport? I tested it using the sub-report and it work, but when it is being display in the main report, it is showing data from top to bottom again. Please help.

I've not used columns much, and never in a subreport. It could be that the subreport is being truncated, Crystal allows that and you'd need to expand the subreport size in the main report. Otherwise I have no idea.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back