Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

format to print in a new page

Status
Not open for further replies.

sameer11

Programmer
Jun 17, 2003
US
Using cr 10, Oracle 9i

I have a main report and a subreport( in report footer). depending on the data and the dates the report ran for will generate the subreport. How can I start to print the subreport in a new page when there is data for the subreport.

TIA,
Sweetie

You should be able to format the report footer with "new page before", and then also check "suppress blank section" and format the subreport itself to "suppress blank subreport".

-LB

I tired that but it print the comment box in the subreport and subreport headings

Let me try explain it again. I guess I have not made myself clear.

In the main report in report footer I have 2 section RF-A and RF-B.
RF-A I am using a Comment box. which should display when the subreport generates any data.
RF-B should start on a new page when the subreport generates data.

if the subreport does not have any data then the RF-A and RF-B should not be shown.

TIA,
Sweetie

I think you should build the comments box in the report header of the subreport so that you can conditionally suppress it when there is no subreport data. You can then format the report header to "new page after".

-LB

I tired what you said. But 3 pages one for main report 2 for the comment box on the subreport and 3 page when the data for the subreport.

if the supreport as no data then it prints 2 pages one main report and the other is blank page. I tried all the suppress blank space and even the suppress the subreport if blank options but I still see the a blank page

Make the new page after conditional, using a formula like:

not isnull({table.recurringfield})

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back