Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Format Number on a Chart

Status
Not open for further replies.

wold1sim

Technical User
Dec 22, 2005
US
Hello,
I am trying to format a number value on the X Axis to no decimal point, but I don’t see any option that let you to do that. When I right click on the numbers, I get format axis label option, but it doesn't give you the option to format the number to no decimal point. The only option it gives you is to change the font type and angle. Help.
I appreciate it. I am using Crystal XI.
Thanks.

What chart type are you using?
I can right click one of the labels in the chart, get format axis label option, and then once in the Format Axis label dialog, there is a number tab that allows me to format to the desired format.

~Brian

I am using a Bar Chart.. I don't see any option to format a number.

I see the number tab as an option for the y-axis numbers. but I don't see the tab to format the x-axis.

It is a date field. From the date field, I am getting the year using the year() function, then I changed to number using Tonumber function.

Instead of using the Year function, use totext to convert it instead:

totext({table.date},"yyyy")

This will control the output so that you don't get any decimals or commas

~Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back