Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Format function quit workong

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynns

Technical User
Mar 1, 2000
US
I have a form created in access 97. There is a field on the form populated from a table using this code

PD: Format([PlgrDia],"0.00")

The field PlgrDia is a numeric, double field.

This has worked for a couple of years but suddenly it stopped.

I have tried the Format([PlgrDia],"###0.00")and it doesnt work either

I have 2 forms and the number format is a different only in the number of decimal places they display (one is metric the other is standard).

I suspect Microsoft has a problem because of the sudden failure. Any Ideas?

This has worked for a couple of years but suddenly it stopped.
What happens ? Any error message ? Unexpected result ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

The field resolves to #Error with no error messages of any kind!
Thanks.
Lynn S

No Null values for [PlgrDia] ?

Hope This Helps, PH.
Want to get great answers to your Tek-Tips questions? Have a look at FAQ219-2884 or FAQ222-2244

I had this problem also. I was going between Access 2000 and Access 2003 which may have created the problem, I don't know. The format function comes from the VBA library. Go to references and see if you have a reference to Visual Basic for Applications. I unchecked this reference and then actually browsed for the dll to make sure it was referencing the correct library and then rechecked it and for some reason that worked. I don't know if it is because by going between the two versions it created a problem with a reference to this library or what. All I know is that after I did this, my format functions were working again. Go figure. Hope this helps. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back