Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

format box size

Status
Not open for further replies.

dh42891

Technical User
Oct 7, 2003
US
Does anyone know why when I go to size (right click: size and position) a box, Crystal Reports changes the values I enter? If I enter a width of 2.910 and height of 0.540 in the Object Size and Position box, hit OK, and reopen the Size and Position box, the numbers have changed; usually they are .10 units less. What is that all about!? It appears that the Height will not accept a '4' in the 100ths position. If I enter 0.54 or 0.55, I get 0.53. I initially thought it was snapping to the grid (even though my grid is set to 1/100in), so I turned that off, but no luck. This occurs before and after SP2 was installed. Any help would be appreciated, because I really need exact box sizes and positions. Thanks!

dylan

Exact box sizes an positions, down to what level, billionths of an inch? You get my point, anyway, you can only go do wn to the level allowablle by the limitations of the program/OS/etc.

Change the File->Options->Grid Options->Grid Size to .011, which is the lowest allowable, and it will allow you to position down to that granularity.

-k

I already had the grid set to 0.010; 0.011 made no change though.

No, I don't need it down to the millionths. But, yes, I do need it to the hundredths place. I don't think that is asking too much- particularly when Crystal Reports gives me the position to the thousandths.

It isn't rounding from 0.545 to 0.550 or 0.540, just changing it to 0.530. It doesn't seem like a precision problem. Usually, I can get around this by going 1/100th more than I want (e.g. to get 0.54 I would enter 0.55). Seems like a bug that I'm hoping someone has resolved in one fashion or another. Thanks,

dylan

Naw, it's a limitation within.

I guess the limitation is .01 now, used to be .011, anyway, that's the granularity allowed.

The placement is down to the .01 level, which is 1/100th of an inch, so it is hundredths of an inch.

-k

Yes, I see that the limitation is 1/1ooth of an inch. However, it is not accepting the value I enter. I enter a value only to 1/100th of an inch, and it changes that value. I'm not asking for more than 1/100th of an inch. I am entering a value to the 100th place and clicking okay. When I check the placement, it is different than what I entered.

Even if I change the width- but not the height--CR will automatically drop the height by 0.01 (1/100th).

dylan

Entering 0.545 and having it bump to .053 is odd, I tend tomove ebrything by slecting it and using the arrow keys to align them.

You can also use guidelines.

-k

In my testing of CR XI you can't set it down to .010 as you suggested and have it keep or observe the settings, the lowest is .011 as originally described.

-k

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back