Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form using datasheet view coming up as form view

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajhts

Technical User
May 1, 2001
US
I have my data entry form in the datasheet view. Everyone loves it, but the problem is when I created the switchboard manager, and they go into the data entry screen from the switchboard, it defaults to form view instead of datasheet view. Is there a way to make it always come up with the datasheet view using the switchboard??

Thanks
AJ

Sure,

Go to the properties on your form, and under Views allowed, make sure it is set to Datasheet, it is most likely set to both (That is default). This will cause your switchboard to open the form as a datasheet

Thanks,
GTLoco

I went to the properties for the form and I made sure that the default view is set to datasheet, and allow form view I changed to no to see if that would help. It still comes up in form view when I go through the switchboard. I can manually change it to datasheet view, but I am trying to eliminate any more steps for the user.

Thanks
AJ

Ok, under default view, you set the Views Allowed property to datasheet?

Thanks
Glen

Yes, I go to design form, once in there I click on properties, and I see the following choices:

Default View = Datasheet
Allow Form View = No
Allow Datasheet View = Yes

I don't know what else to try!

Thanks
AJ

Have you resolved this issue? If so, please let me know how you did it. I am having the same problem. I want the forms to open up in datasheet view, and have set all the defaults that way, but when I open them from the switchboard, or even from another form (if I open with a control button) they still come up in single line mode.
I would appreciate any help you have found...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back