Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Tool --why can't I use??? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhoneyfi

MIS
Apr 8, 2002
US
Hello,
I am using the full version of Adobe Acrobat 5.0. A client just sent me a PDF and I want to add some form fields to it. Yet, the form field tool is grayed out...I can't use it? Why is that? I have created form fields in past documents, but this one won't let me. Any ideas? Thanks

Probably document security is applied to that PDF. Just a guess!

Thomas D. Greer
Providing PostScript & PDF
Training, Development & Consulting

I did File--->Document Security and it is shown as having none. Any other ideas???

Wait, I take that back. Yes, the document does have security. I don't suppose there is any way to change this is there?

Depends. If the file creator didn't use a password when he set security, I think you should be able to remove it. Just set the security options to No Security and save the file.

When I've removed security, I sometimes have to close and re-open the file before I'm able to make any changes.

Rick Henkel
Senior Systems Developer

I know you posted this question a long time ago.

Was the PDF form created in Acrobat 6.0??? (You have 5.0, right?)

I have 6.0 at home. I have 5.0 at work. I had the same issue with work I'd created at home, but tried to edit at work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back