Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form, table, report design security

Status
Not open for further replies.

vdubill

MIS
Dec 5, 2006
US
Hello,

I am trying to secure the design of my tables, reports, and forms from being viewed. Is this possible. I tried to follow the user level security wizard, but It does not do what I want and I keep getting locked out. First of all is this possible, second, can I get a brief walk through of what steps I need to take. I am making a brief mockup of this database and want to send it to the client and not let them be able to see what I did in the design. Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

thanks

vdub

Have you considered an mde file?

did not even know that existed, but upon further research it seems like a way 2 go.

The MDE works good for reports and forms, however it does not secure queries and table designs. Does anybody know how this user level security stuff works. I would think that I would be able to have adminstrator privileges, but I can not seem to get that to work.

vdub

Another option is to hide the objects you do not want seen.

Right click the Query, or Table and select properties and check the "Hidden" box.

Cheers!

There are a number of posts and FAQs on security in the Access fora. Here is one:
Explaining MDW files
faq181-3950

Consider splitting your database.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back