Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form submitted to another webserver

Status
Not open for further replies.

KnightCoder

Programmer
Jan 30, 2001
GB
hi people can u please help!!

i am looking to create an asp driven website that will allow people to send sms....... i have contacted sms companies which will allow me to submit my sms request through normal http post request forms..... they say your webserver will receive numerical replies but how on earth will my webserver read in text that the 2nd server has sent? how do you read text streamed to your sErver using asp?
thanking everyone in advance!

this may not be what you're looking for but it may give some ideas.

Google may yield better results.

logo.gif width='85' height='30'

bath.gif

Exactly the same as if you were posting to yourself. You have a page where the user fills in the information and the form action on this page is to this sms companies website so control leaves your site. This sms company does their stuff and they then pass control back to you - lets say for example you tell them the page to come back to you is called postback.asp and in this page you can just do request("fieldname") to get the information from the sms company. It's really no different than if you were posting between pages on your own server

i understand that its as if i am posting to myself.... but the sms companies do't say they will post back and don't mention what i should call thr returning page name..... in their tech.doc they say simply after submission you recive '01' now how am i supposed to read that!
sorry for bother
thanks again

i understand that its as if i am posting to myself.... but the sms companies do't say they will post back and don't mention what i should call thr returning page name..... in their tech.doc they say simply after submission you recive '01' now how am i supposed to read that!
should they specify what page name thry will forward to?
sorry for bother
thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back