Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form/Subform problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonLo

Technical User
Apr 24, 2001
US
Hello,

I've got a master form, which is made up of many related subforms, each or which is based on a query selecting the relevant information from the underlying table of that subform. The master form is based on a query which links 3 tables, tblAssign, tblLease and tblBusName. tblAssign has a many to one relationship with tblLease, and a one to many relation with tblBusName.

When I try to type data into any of the text boxes in any of the subforms, I get the following error message: "The LinkMasterFields property setting has produced this error: 'The object doesn't contain the Automation object 'tblAssign'." But if I look at the Link Master Fields property, it seems to correctly identify the field that is being linked - in this case, tblAssign.AssignID. AssignID is the PK in table tblAssign, and the FK in the other tables.

The Access help file I'm directed to doesn't provided much help.

Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Don

Are you changing the RecordSource of the subforms via code at any time?

Alec Doughty
Doughty Consulting P/L

"Life's a competition. Play hard, but play fair"

No. I haven't added any code at all yet.

Don

OK,
I think that maybe the recordSource of one of your subforms is faulty.

Alec Doughty
Doughty Consulting P/L

"Life's a competition. Play hard, but play fair"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back