Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form-subform: Cannot update field message

Status
Not open for further replies.

raymondo

Technical User
May 3, 2002
AU
I have a form-subform set up which is essentially enrolments for courses.
Each student may enrol in many courses.
This was working fine until I added a few fields to the subform and included a course-cost total in the subform footer. Well, it still does work, but when a new course is added, I get the message - "The field cannot be updated". It doesn't say which field and asking for help at this point brings up a blank help page (I work with a French language version of Access 2000 and there quite a few help pages missing as they haven't been translated). Anyway, does anyone have any idea what might be going on?
None of the fields on the subform are locked and all are enabled.
I would be grateful for any suggestions.
Thanks.

Raymondo

You need to show more code. It is hard to read minds!

The only code attaced to the subform is an AfterUpdate event for the cost textbox that refreshes the subform so as to display the new total in the footer.
Anyway, whatever was causing the glitch disappeared after I redesigned the subform from scratch! Raymondo
raymondo@rossar.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back