Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form starts at middle of page instead of top 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

brendanmc

Technical User
Nov 4, 2003
AU
Hi,
I have form. Within that form is a tab box. Within the tab box is a subform.

Whenever I click on the tab the screen position changes to the top of the subform, hence cutting of the header at the top of the page and the tab selections.

Users then have to scroll up to see the top of the form/tabs etc.

I tried changing picture alignment to top left - for subforms and main form. I have also turned autocenter off.

Any other ideas?
Thanks
Brendan

Looks to me like you are having a problem with your scrollbars - could it be that your form on this tab is to big ?

Herman

They say that crime doesn't pay... does that mean my job is a crime?

Thanks for the response Herman.

It could well be. when using the subform you need to scroll down to get to the end of the form. I was surprised that the main screen wasn't used as the default for centering the screen.

Is there a way to override the subform being used to center the whole scree. ie have the screen position based on the main form with the tab?
Thanks
Brendan

There is something going on here, that I can not see. You should not have this problem. If a form is placed as a subform, on a mainform/tab, then this subform is controlled by its mainform. The subform does not autocenter or anything else! its owned by its mainform.

So there must be something that you are not telling us or something I can not understand or have overlooked ;-)

If you like we can exchange mail adresses and I will have a look at your creation/problem hands on.

Herman

They say that crime doesn't pay... does that mean my job is a crime?

Thanks, I'll look a little closer and let you know.

You might want to look to see if you have a form header or footer, when the form is selected it will adjust to attempt to fit on to the screen, I had a similar issue and adjusting the header and footer took care of my issue.

A good idea. I removed the header and footer of sub page with no luck. I then tried adding a header/footer to the main form thinking it might override access setting the top of the subform at the top of the page, no luck there either.

I'll keep digging.
Thanks
Brendan

From my experience, your form is going to attempt to adjust it's position based on the location of the first tab stop. Just make a control at the top of your form your first tab stop and your form should open from the top.

Have you checked to see if you have a hidden control on the form that is set to be the 1st control selected when the form open. Try changing the tab stop sequence.

Thanks Dking & GodofHell. I ended up fixing the problem a while ago by ensuring the first tab stop was at the beginning, it was fixed. So it matches up with exactly what you both said. Now I think about it I should have posted it myself - my documentation is lacking!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back