Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Size 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jameshall

Technical User
Jul 9, 2002
GB
Hello,

I have a small problem with my form size, when my database is used on a PC with a different resolution the form sizes are larger than on my computer and various controls are hidden.
Is there a way to set the resolution of the forms to match the original sizes. My resolution is 1024x768 and the ideal resolution would be 800x600

Thanks In Advance

jameshall

Hi

Your problem is that Access does not automatically resize forms to suit different Screen resolutions.

The is code available to do the screen resize from several sources, including the Access Developers Handbook By Ken Getz.

Regards Ken Reay
Freelance Solutions Developer
Boldon Information Systems Ltd
UK
kenneth.reaySPAMNOT@talk21.com
remove SPAMNOT to use

Thanks everyone, Being fairly new to this it took a bit of working out.
It really finishes the db off

Many Thanks

Jameshall

One thing that I have found is that when you are working on your form design that if you have a subform the resizer will mess with your layout on form save. Disable the resizer by placing a 'before the code lines that reference it, make your form changes, save the form and then remove the '. Will save you some headaches.

Autoeng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back