Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form shows no records but underlying query shows tons!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AndyTilia

Technical User
Jul 25, 2001
US
Hi- I have a form that used to work just fine but I must have dropped it on its head recently while I was tinkering in my db and now I just cant seem to fix it!

Form: Documents
based on: a query that pulls together three tables: documents, people, and links. (people and documents have a many-to-many relationship and links is the table that links them)

form documents shows no records in it even when no filter is applied, AND EVEN WHEN THE UNDERLYING QUERY SHOWS 346 records. yikes!!! I am going nuts trying to get those to show up on the form....

.... because the form is opened from another form "people" with a button labeled "show documents for this person", the button then opens the documents form with vba code filtering it to show documents related to the person. It shows nothing when opened that way and it shows nothing when it is opened on its own (when it should show all records)...

IS THERE SOMETHING REALLY SIMPLE THAT I'M MISSING???!!! I'd appreciate any help=

Thanks,
Andy

are you opening i in add mode?? that'll make it show nothing...

also, I did the same thing recently, and i did it in the form properties... check in there for any thing you may have changed recently... and that may look like it could do some thing like this...

--Junior JHauge@jmjpc.net
Life is change. To deny change is to deny life.

Woo- hoo!! Thanks, Junior. I was opening it in add mode but didnt realize it because there is another button that opens the same form in add mode, but the 'view' button doesnt specify the mode, so it must have just kept the previous add mode. Whew. I never would have thought to check that. what a relief. Thank you.

Andy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back