Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Run With out Stay on READ FUNTION

Status
Not open for further replies.

bill993

Programmer
Nov 26, 2001
PK
I have go the problum in my source code file .PRG, I have Useing Form by CREATE FORM, and then in the code properti i have put, myfile.prg, in the file MyFile.PRG, i have worte the Full, Program of an Accounting Voucher oiver there, First time When i HAve RUN the FOrm By command
DO FORM <MyFORM> i Have got the Full Functions that i have Apply in PRG, but after Exit, by ESC KEY <It is Default key that i have Defin by READKEY funcion, I RUN AGAIN the FILE with SAME COMMAND i have found that its show me FORM and FEW line of my .PRG file but it didnt READ function Apply after 2nd time i have run, I am sick of it, i dont know what i do?,
Now i am Applying <For TESTING PROGRAM> just simple quite from FOXPRO, and Then RELOAD and again Run The FILE.
Kindly Send to me Some your BEST Comments and Advice
I love to keep your Advice Thanks
Bill

Hi

1. Have you used READ EVENTS & CLEAR EVENTS at appropriate places. READ EVENTS shall be put in the Main.prg where you start your main menu or main form. Just after the DO FORM code.. ADD one more line.. READ EVENTS.
Now in that main driving MENU or FORM, the ultimate quit of the programme.. can have CLEAR EVENTS as the previous line of code to QUIT

2. Now... in the form where you have put all your code,.. the ESC is taking you out of the form. If you have not done.. ThisForm.RELEASE before such exiting from the form.. add it.

3. In the form said in (2), make the data session = 2 (private data session).

These thing should take care of what you want. If propblem persists, you have to provide us a little more information as to how you initiate the form.. and how you exit from the form etc to help you out. :) ramani :-9
(Subramanian.G),FoxAcc, ramani_g@yahoo.com

Dear ramani
Thanks for your prompt responce,
Here is little procedure i hope you can understand,
The file is (Example) Voucher.PRG, (it is full of Source Code)
i have Design the Form By CREAT FORM Voucher.FRX,
bye Right Click on Form Window Select the Option Code and put this command.
do voucher.prg

now my form is complete in the command window i have wrote.
do form voucher (enter)
it is normal open form with sorting programing file PRG, now i have quit by pressing ECS,.
now i am again on Commmand window.
again i have wrote the command.
do form voucher (enter)
the form Appar and spot the File .PRG, but the READ command isnt work, please tell me what i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back