Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form results

Status
Not open for further replies.

buddyel

MIS
Mar 3, 2002
US

I am working on a form and would like to have the results emailed to me. When the user hits the submit button I do not want their default mail client to open, i just want it to email me. Do I need something like ASP or CGI to accomplish this? And if so, is there anything I can go off of? Thanks in advance...

Do you have Cold Fusion available? Let me know what languages are available to you.

If so, you can use the <cfmail> tag to automatically email you.

HTH

Change Your Thinking, Change Your Life.

If you have no access to server-side scripting, or you can't use a mailscript provided by your ISP, then you can allways use You just have to put some hidden fields in your form, and that's it!

I am using frontpage but I also have visual studio .net to use if that would help. I have called my ISP 4 times about helping me with this problem and each time I get someone who has no clue what they are talking about and I am getting tired of them emailing me the same page each time :)

The tools you use to create your site doesn't matter. The only thing that matters is &quot;do you have access to cgi or other server tehnologies with your ISP&quot;. If not: use the free service at

If your using frontpage and and your hosting company has frontpage extensions installed, you don't have to do anything but publish your page through frontpage..It does all the work for you..It creates the text file where your mail is stored, or you can right clink on the form, choose form properties, advanced, and set the form to send right to your pre determined e-mail address..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

virt2002

by doing it that way, wont it try to send the form using the users email program and it will not be formatted, i am assuming it come through as one line of text..

You also have the option to choose how you want it sent..Bulleted, straight text, or it sends it formated to the inputs in the form, ie:input name for name field would be &quot;name&quot;(of course)

in the users e-mail it it would look like

Name:blah blah blah
E-mail:blah blah blah
etc....

And no it does not open there default email..It sends it itself..As long as you have the extensions installed on your server, frontpage creates all the script and validates the form for you..
logo.gif

carlsatterwhite@orlandomediasolutions.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back