Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Properties - Pop Up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peps

Programmer
Feb 11, 2001
ES
Hi there,

Does anyone know how I can change a form property 'Pop Up' to No without opening the form or forms in the design mode?

Thanks for any suggestions.
Peps

According to the MS Help system, the POP UP property can ONLY be set in Design view.

Have you tried opening the form HIDDEN, then bopping into Design view, changing the property, CLOSING/Saving the form, and then Reopening it VISIBLE?

I've seen this technique used in the past, and it's not all that cumbersome.

Jim

Me? Ambivalent? Well, yes and no....
Another free Access forum:
More Access stuff at

Hi Jim,

The problem is that I want to convert my DB into MDE upon completion. I checked out the help and got the same info you stated above. I thought I'd give it a go anyway, there'e always someone out there with different ideas.

Thanks for the input.
Peps

A crappy solution: copy the form and use one as the pop up and the other as a non-pop up

Mark P.

Bleh

Hi Mark,

It's probably the only solution, I'm gonna have to see how big the DB is before I start copying forms. Thanks guys.

Peps

If it gets too big, you could make a button on your startup form. You'd have two databases -- one with pop-windows and one without. The code attached to the button would open the other db and then close the current database.

I like the look of hiding the access window. However, all windows you want to view must be pop-up which provides limited (if no access) to menus and the sort. The two-database system may be the only answer. The code to switch is actually simply. However, I'm going to play with VBA for a short while to see if I can modify the pop-up feature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back