Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form properites

Status
Not open for further replies.

dj662003

Technical User
Dec 4, 2003
US
Is it possible for a form to have more than one record source? If so how is it done?

How are ya dj662003 . . . . .

No! Only one recordsource. How ever that recordsource can be dynamically changed in VBA.

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

O.K. Here is my scenario, I am creating an order form for my business, and I want a locked field that will be called order #. I want this field to display the primary key from my sales table, so that for every new sale I will have a new order number(for record identification).
My prblem is that on this form I already have the record source set as my "consumer information" table. Therefore I cannot view the records from 2 different tables on the same form. is there a way around this?

dj662003 . . . . .

Realize, since the forms recordsource in based on [blue]consumer information[/blue] and not the table containing the sales primarykey, the form has no way of knowing when a new sale is made!

What ever form your using to log sales, could add a new record to this form with [blue]updated OrderNo[/blue] (do not use Order#). This would circumvent tracking. However, since I have no idea of your table structure, I can't say if this is a good thing to do. It'll work, but good . . . .

In any case, have a good look at the following before you continue with this:

[blue]Normalizing Tables[/blue]

[blue]Table Relationships[/blue]

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back