Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form prints Boxes instead of apostrophes

Status
Not open for further replies.

kv444

Programmer
Nov 20, 2011
US
Hi,

The crystal report form is printing boxes instead of apostrophes,but the format stored in the database is the correct one but for some reason the form cannot print the same. for example holiday's is stored as holidays.Could some one please help suggest me how i can fix this.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Try changing the font--I'm guessing this is the issue.

-LB

Hi Thanks for your reply.The font i'm using is Arial 10 and this is the standard font i am supposed to use for this report.I tried changing the font but still see the error.Is there any other way you suggest i can try perhaps write a formula for this.Can you please let me know.

Appreciate your help.Thanks!

Holidays

Try this:

stringvar x := "Holidays";
replace(x,mid(x,8,1),"'");

It looks like your current apostrophe is being misinterpreted.

-LB

Hi,i tried this but i guess i explained it wrong earlier.

This is a block of text that needs to be displayed in the report and there are words inside the text file with apostrophes that are being displayed as a box instead of the apostrophe symbol.

sorry for the error.is there some thing i can do to fix this.could you please let me know

Thanks a lot for your help !

stringvar x := {table.text};
replace(x,"","'");

-LB

Googling this clarifies that the issue is with character encoding in older software (Word) versions, and I'm wondering whether you can take care of this in Word, before accessing it in CR.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back