Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form parameter for query

Status
Not open for further replies.

extractor

Technical User
Jul 5, 2003
BB
I've been trying to get this date range qury to work for some time now.

SELECT tblTrackingInfo.Date

FROM tblTrackingInfo

WHERE (((tblTrackingInfo.Date)=IIf(nz([Forms]![frmSearch]![txtFromDate].[Value],"")="",[tblTrackingInfo]![Date],([tblTrackingInfo]![Date] In (SELECT tblTrackingInfo.Date FROM tblTrackingInfo WHERE (tblTrackingInfo.Date) Between [Forms]![frmSearch]![txtFromDate] And [Forms]![frmSearch]![txtToDate])))));

It just keeps returning no results if the form fields are populated.

Help!!!!!!

Try this:

WHERE (((tblTrackingInfo.Date)=IIf(nz([Forms]![frmSearch]![txtFromDate].[Value],"")="",[tblTrackingInfo]![Date],([tblTrackingInfo]![Date] In (SELECT tblTrackingInfo.Date FROM tblTrackingInfo WHERE (tblTrackingInfo.Date) Between #[Forms]![frmSearch]![txtFromDate]# And #[Forms]![frmSearch]![txtToDate]#)))));

Let me know if this works for you.

Bob Scriver
Want the best answers? See FAQ181-2886
Nobody believes the official spokesman... but everybody trusts an unidentified source.
Author, Bagdad Bob???

I'm sorry, I tried inserting the "#" signs but to no avail. I am getting an invalid syntax error. I am using office XP or office 2000 as the application is supposed to be cross platform. I was wondering if this will make a difference??

PS Thanks for the fast response.

The problem isn't with the date designation itself it has to do with your initial IIF statement. On the False parameter you are creating a complete date Between statement but this value will just be placed on the right side of the original equation and come up no records:
(tblTrackingInfo.Date)= ([tblTrackingInfo]![Date] In (SELECT tblTrackingInfo.Date FROM tblTrackingInfo WHERE (tblTrackingInfo.Date) Between #[Forms]![frmSearch]![txtFromDate]# And #[Forms]![frmSearch]![txtToDate]#));

You see what I mean. That comparison will never be True.

Let's try this.

WHERE (tblTrackingInfo.Date = IIF(IsNull([Forms]![frmSearch]![txtFromDate]) or IsNull([Forms]![frmSearch]![txtFromDate]),[tblTrackingInfo]![Date], Null)
OR ([tblTrackingInfo]![Date] In (SELECT tblTrackingInfo.Date FROM tblTrackingInfo WHERE (tblTrackingInfo.Date) Between #[Forms]![frmSearch]![txtFromDate]# And #[Forms]![frmSearch]![txtToDate]#));

Post back with the results.

Bob Scriver
Want the best answers? See FAQ181-2886
Nobody believes the official spokesman... but everybody trusts an unidentified source.
Author, Bagdad Bob???

I see it makes perfect sense. The (tblTrackingInfo.Date)= ([tblTrackingInfo]![Date] was the problem all along. Thanks for the insight, saved a lot of head banging!!!

The alternate solution worked great but are the "#" signs just markers??

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back