Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Object Not Showing

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomirage

Programmer
Jun 3, 2003
US
hello everyone,
I am having something weird,
I am reading "Sam's teach yourself VI book"
In the tutorial for SS script i can't view the HTML form object in the tool box. It is right the first object after the pointer in the figure in the book but it is just not there on my computer.
can anyone explain me how can i get it to show up ?.

:(

why not write it in html? the coe is simple:
<form>
</form>

personally speaking i would prefer Dreamweaver to Inter Dev... :)

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

I am not entirely sure what you mean. You may need to click onto the Script-Outline, or HTML Outline 'tab' of the toobox area. I use the Script-Outline view for adding Event-Handlers to my form pages - when using Design-Time-Controls (DTCs). If you do not know much HTML, then read a visual-guide book to it first. Then when you use the DTCs and the Script-Object-Model (SOM) that they rely on, you may see and understand the benefit of them better - even though they make some things quite tricky to start with.

Why look at DTCs/SOM? Because it is similar to ASP.Net, which is much better than ASP all round. Perhaps you could try the WebMatrix ASP.Net editor, as it is free. (
And ignore vbkris. I have not read a useful reply from him yet.

hello guys,
thak you for your replies.
VBKRIS, i knew i can do that by adding the script but i find it just weird that this controle is not appearing on my software.

WebMatrix, thank you for your suggestion. But so far i am still into ASP 3.0. I am not in the .NET world yet. This is just because i just have Studio 6.0 and not .NET and since it does what i need i dont see why i should move to .NET. i dont have enough money and time to invest in it. if anyone can help me with this Interdev question i will appreciate

temper, temper... MerlinB... i am trying to be helpful, if u find that irritating then what the heck am i supposed to do. i have a way of analysing problems(and i dont care if it is stupid by ur GR8 standards)...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back