Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form not visible--what is up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straw

Technical User
Mar 7, 2002
US
OK, can someone please tell me what could possibly be the problem. All the sudden one of my forms is not visible in form view. It is not the visible properties or display when. I just cannot figure it out and I am really frustrated. One minute I could see it the next one poof!!

Anyone got any ideas of things that I may have inadvertanly done to make this happen?
Thanks!!

Is there and error? Is it attached to a query/table? Is it based of search critera? Is the form opening but there is not data?

A couple thing I can think of since it is not the properties.

I have a form that displays blank when it does not find any subsequent data from some sort of criteria.

The form may have be corrupt in some way try either repairing the database or if you have a back up try importing the form back in to see if it still happens to that one. Scott Musich
Database Analyst/Programmer

I'm with Scott. It sounds like there is no data to be displayed.

In design view, scrutinize the properties window for the form itself to see if there is an erroneous filter or if the record source has had its name changed. Another thought would be to check the OnOpen and OnLoad events. I've had it happen where I'll type code into the module for various events and find that the events won't run when I close and reopen the form. The cause lies in the fact that I didn't select the event in the property window. If it doesn't have the words '[Event procedure]' in the event's line on the property window, the event doesn't run. Double-click on the event's name and the words appear.

HTH

John

Use what you have,
Learn what you can,
Create what you need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back