Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form - Making visible one lookup table at a time

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trazzel

Programmer
Jul 10, 2003
US
We have created a form listing members' costs and options based on their category. We would like to have one of two lookup tables become visible at a time. For example, if a member is full-time, the full time cost table would become visible; if the member is part-time then the part-time table becomes visible. On the form, we have placed two unbound list boxes each linked to one of the tables.

On current event, is the code:

Private Sub Form_Current()
Me.tblFullTimeRate.Visible = False
Me.tblPartTimeRate.Visible = False

If Me.txtFT_PT = 1 Then
Me.tblFullTimeRate.Visible = True
ElseIf Me.txtFT_PT = 2 Then
Me.tblPartTimeRate.Visible = True
End If

This works fine on screen. However, it does not print with the correct data. Why not?
Thank you.

You are only hiding controls on a form,not actually filtering the data
Are you printing the form?

Yes, we are trying to print the form. However, the correct table does not print even though the correct table is showing on screen.

You may have more success if you save the form as a report
and then print the report.You can then set the reports record source independent of what shows on the form.Usually when you print a form it prints whatever the forms record source is

Thank you for your answers. However, I think that we may have to re-evaluate our program. The form currently is obtaining the data from a membership table which gives the member his current fee. We would like to add a column showing the dollar amounts of all the various levels that are available to him, i.e. individual only, individual and family, institution, etc.

Our current program is not showing the data correctly or consistently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back