Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form issue after upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpye

Technical User
Mar 24, 2003
CA
Here is my situation....

Our IT department upgraded us to Windows XP and Access 2000 (9.0.3821 SR-1) and this has caused problems opening a filtered form.

The error I'm getting is "This is an invalid use of the . (dot) or ! operator or invalid parentheses". Here is the code the opens the form, if anyone knows why I'm getting this message your assistance would be greatly appreciated.
-----------------------------------------------------------
On Error GoTo Err_Command50_Click

Dim stDocName As String
Dim stLinkCriteria As String

stDocName = "frmResourcePhone"

stLinkCriteria = "[Date]= " & "#" & Me![txtDate] & "#"
DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria

Exit_Command50_Click:
Exit Sub

Err_Command50_Click:
MsgBox Err.Description
Resume Exit_Command50_Click

it may mean exactly what it says and you need to change Me![txtDate] to Me.txtDate, if not the first thing I'd do is open a module in Design Mode, and check to see if you have any References listed as Missing .. Click on Menu Tools- then References and look for any item with Missing at the beginning of it... ensure this is checked.. or uncheck it and then recheck it.

PaulF

Thanks for the info...

I was able to eliminate this error by removing the check mark next to shappmgr 1.0 Type Library. I'm not sure what this library does, but the issue appears to be resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back