Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

paakay

Programmer
Aug 23, 2005
My form seems to be unstable. The reason is that even if I enter certain values that are within the value range the range validator seem to catch them.Below is my code
<tr>
<td style="height: 8px; width: 104px">
Rent(Monthly):</td>
<td style="height: 8px; width: 228px;">
<asp:TextBox ID="rentTextBox" runat="server" Width="100px" MaxLength="5">$</asp:TextBox>
<asp:RequiredFieldValidator ID="rentReqdFldValidator" runat="server"
ControlToValidate="rentTextBox" ErrorMessage="Enter monthly rent">*</asp:RequiredFieldValidator>
<cc1:ValidatorCalloutExtender ID="rentReqdFldValidator_ValidatorCalloutExtender"
runat="server" Enabled="True" TargetControlID="rentReqdFldValidator">
</cc1:ValidatorCalloutExtender>
<asp:RangeValidator ID="rentRangeValidator1" runat="server"
ControlToValidate="rentTextBox" ErrorMessage="Enter rent between $100 & $2500"
MaximumValue="$2500" MinimumValue="$100" Type="String">*</asp:RangeValidator>

</td>
</tr>
Any help will be much appreciated

the $ symbol is probably the problem. $ is formatting. to validate a number you don't need the formatting, just the data.
Code:
$<asp:TextBox ID="rentTextBox" runat="server" Width="100px" MaxLength="5" />
<asp:RangeValidator ID="rentRangeValidator1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="rentTextBox" ErrorMessage="Enter rent between $100 & $2500" MaximumValue="2500" MinimumValue="100" Type="String" Text="*" />

Jason Meckley
Programmer
Specialty Bakers, Inc.

See if this fixes it for you.
Code:
<asp:RangeValidator ID="rentRangeValidator1" runat="server" ControlToValidate="rentTextBox" ErrorMessage="Enter rent between $100 & $2500" MaximumValue="2500" MinimumValue="100" Type="Currency">*</asp:RangeValidator>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back