Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form info and Server Ext.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mike12tet

Technical User
Dec 15, 2003
NZ
I'm building a webpage in Frontpage 2003. I want to use a form in my webpage to get some feedback from visitors (in form of e-mail to me). My webserver doesn't have a FrontPage extension and I'm not sure if it's going to work (Apache Server with java extension). I read some article that there may be some conflict between froms created in MS FrontPage and nonFrontpage server extension. Is this true with FP 2003? If yes what I should do to get this work?
Do I need new software (Dreamweaver, GoLive)?

Thanks,

Michal

I have not heard anything yet re: FP 2003 & the extensions. If it is like all the other versions of Fp, you willl still need the extensions & from what I have heard, FP XP (2002) extensions work just fine. You can install FP extensions on an Apache Server. This should help you get started:
But you can use another form handler, like PHP to handle the form & e-mail it to you if you wish. Or you can use a CGI script as well.

Thanks Corey,
I'm sorry, but what is it PHP and CGI script to handle the form?

Michal

Does this require changes on the server site?
What about I just use dreamwaver as software instead of FrontPage?
I'm not sure what our IT people can or like to make any changes to our server.

Thanks

Michal

Thanks,
I will have to check with my IT dep. and see what I can do.

Michal

I just talk to may IT and he said that to instal FP extension may be hard nut I should not have any problem to create the webpage in FP and than just FTP to our server.
I'm still worry about how the form will work.

Michal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back