Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Footer to SUM a Non-Bound Time Field

Status
Not open for further replies.

joatmofn

Technical User
Jan 12, 2003
US
I have a form that contains several fields including a start time and a stop time. The two time fields are date/time data types. I added a non-bound field to the form that holds the calculated time, e.g., timein-1-timeout. The footer of the form has a non-bound field that sums the calculated time field. However, when the form is run, the footer field shows #error.

I've tried converting the calculated field to a decimal and then converting it back to a short time in the footer field, but still get an error.

I'm thinking that the sum function in the footer field cannot be used on the non-bound calculated time field on the form. Just so you know, the form is run as a datasheet, but for testing, I'm running it in form view.

Any help on this would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Can u send the form and code, I'll be glad to take and look and see if I can help? bb5124@comcast.net

I have sort of the same problem. When I am changing the time into minutes I am getting a negative number. It is the correct calculation other than it is negative.
The formula is the following:

HourtoMin: Sum(CInt(CDbl([TotalHours])*24*60))

I have search the knowledge base, in fact that is where I got this formula but I can't find any information about getting negative results. Any help on my problem would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back