Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Field List Hidden 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobsg

Programmer
Jul 3, 2001
US
I have a database where bound forms are not showing their field list. In the Design view when I click on the field list icon nothing happens. I would appreciate any help with this problem.

Thanks,
Bob G.

It occasionally happens that popup windows will wind up offscreen, so that they seem to have disappeared. One way this can happen is if the popup was near the right or bottom of the Access window when it (the Access window) was last closed. If you next start Access at a lower resolution, the remembered coordinates of the popup window are outside the Access window or off the screen entirely.

Try starting Access at a higher resolution. If that doesn't work, and you're willing to hack the registry, you can delete the ECLST value in your Access settings to make the window come back at its default coordinates. The ECLST value is in the following registry key:
Hkey_Current_User\Software\Microsoft\Office\x.0\Access\Settings
("x.0" is 8.0 for Access 97, or 9.0 for Access 2000. I don't know what it is for Access XP.)

If you'd rather not delete it, you could just set ECLST to "1;47;106;224;183;". I took these settings after moving my ECLST near the upper left corner of the Access window. Rick Sprague

Thanks Rick,

I tried the higher resolution and it did'nt work. I modified the registry key and it worked exactly as you instructed. There were negative values in the key when I looked at it before changing it. I appreciate you taking the time to answer my question.

Thanks,
Bob Gouveia

Dear Rick:

Wow!

Well worth a star from me! Gus Brunston :cool: An old PICKer, using Access2000
padregus@attbi.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back