Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form default properties being changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ISSBProgrammer

Programmer
May 12, 2006
US
I am having a very strange problem with Access 2003 sp2. I have a form called "frmListForm" that has four textboxes and a subform called "fsubListActivity". The four textboxes are defaulted to ".visible=false" and the subform has a default record source of "SELECT ActivityType, ActivityID FROM ACTIVITY WHERE (ActivityID IS NULL)".

I use VBA to modify the visible properties for the textboxes and the record source for the subform. However, I notice that the default values will change randomly. Sometimes the visible properties will stay true when I close and reopen the form and /or the record source will remove the Where statement. I need to manually reset these properties on the form for them to return to normal. Is this a known bug with Access or am I doing something wrong? Thanks.

How are ya ISSBProgrammer . . .

Sure hope its not corruption!

Have you tried [blue]Compact & Repair[/blue]?

I've cleared problems with some forms by importing the form into a blank db, deleting the origional, then importing the form back from the blank db. Maybe this'll work for you . . .

If it should start to look more and more like corruption the following is a good repair path tostart you on your way:

How to troubleshoot and to repair a damaged Access 2002 or later database

Calvin.gif
See Ya! . . . . . .

Hi TheAceMan1,

Thanks for the reply. I forgot to mention that my database is stored on SQL Server and I am using an Access ADP file for my forms. Do you have any other ideas?

Oops sorry. I just noticed that the repair works for forms as well. Will give it a try and let you know.

TheAceMan1,

I tried the things you mentioned, Compact & Repair, and creating a blank ADP and importing the forms from the old ADP, but the problem still persists. I also checked the MS link that you provided. Do you have any other ideas? Thanks.

ISSBProgrammer, I came through the same problem, and I am very unfortunate to say that I was not able to fix it.... luckely I found an old backup where the form did the not change.....

I suggest redoing the form it will probably work.

P.S. It was with the Record properties (allowedit etc....)

Very weird indeed. it randomly changes and the form does not listen to any command you call in coding.

ItIsHardToProgram,

Thanks for the feedback. I'm glad I'm not alone. But I'm sorry to hear you weren't able to fix it :( It does seem like a weird bug in Access. When you say "redo" the form do you mean renaming it and everything or did you delete the old one and create a new one with the same names? I ask because there are a whole bunch of forms that refer to that form. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back