Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form Created - Now trying to print

Status
Not open for further replies.

wally2321

Technical User
May 30, 2001
US
I have created a form and I have added a print icon which sends a command to print a report I am creating. Unfortunately, when the report prints, it prints all records. I want to only print the record that is being displayed. Should I be doing something different? I basically want the record being displayed to be printed.

Thanks for any help,
Wally

In the reports reports records source property have the crtreria for your primary key point to the primary key in the form

If the form was called FrmContacts and the Primary Key on the form was ContactID

then the criteria in you reports sql should be

Forms![FrmContacts]![ContactID]

Ok. I am sorry but I am still having trouble. I created the form using the design, so I do not know if that makes a difference. I click on the properties of the report itself, but I did not see where it was asking for a source. If I have the report open, what is the best way to find what you are saying.

Additionally, I had the system automatically assign a primary key. Does this make a big difference?

Thanks,
Wally

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back