Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

form copying/importing not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

VicM

Programmer
Sep 24, 2001
US
I'm using Access 2010 on a Windows 7 PC.

I have similar DBs in which I'm administrator. I made changes to a form in one of the DBs and wanted to copy that form into another DB. I first did a copy of the form and opened the other DB where I pasted. The system asked if I wanted to overwrite; I said yes. The properties of the form indicated it was created on the current date. But when I opened the form, it was still in the original format before any changes.
I then deleted the form and performed the copy/paste again, but with the same results.
Then another try was to again delete the form from the receiving DB and perform an import from the modified form's DB. Once more, although the properties indicated the creation date was the current date, the form showed no changes.
I'm at a loss.

Any suggestions?

Vic

I always rename the object in the target Access file and then import the new object from the source. You also might want to make sure all name autocorrect options are turned off.

Duane
Hook'D on Access
MS Access MVP

Duane,
Tried the renaming tactic as well. Same result. All autocorrect turned off too.

Vic

I'd try renaming/deleting the old form, compact/repair the database and then import the new form.

PaulF

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back