Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form control box image

Status
Not open for further replies.

richiepea

Technical User
Dec 29, 2002
GB
Is there any way I can modify the default icon/image shown on the control box of a form ( top left hand corner )?

Hi richiepea

You can set an icon for your entire application which replaces the Access icon in each window in your database.

Go to Tools, Startup, Application Icon.

Hope this helps.

Mac

go to "Tools:Startup..." on the menubar of your open database. here you can change a number of things - including your application icon (which is the one used on the main access container window and all of your forms) just have a bitmap ready and browse your way to it.

i don't know if you can set one form's icons separately from the rest. my best guess is that you can, but to do so would require some API programming and therefore would most likely be a good thing to put off until you feel comfortable stepping out of the relatively safe world of Access and VBA and playing with the internals of Windows itself.

i have already set the application icon, but this only changes the Access application icon and the taskbar.

Regards

Richipea

Display a custom icon for an application
On the Tools menu, click Startup.

To display a custom icon in the title bar of your application, enter the name of the .ico or .bmp file that contains the icon you'd like to use in the Application Icon box. If you don't know the name of the file, click the Build button next to the box, and then use the Icon Browser to locate the file.

To also display the icon in the title bar of your forms and reports, select the Use as Form and Report Icon check box. A custom icon appears in the title bar of forms and reports in Access 2002 only. If you open your application in a previous version of Microsoft Access, the icon will appear in the title bar of the application, but not in the title bar of the application's form and reports.

- MS Access Help

My application is currently in Acc 97 with ODE Runtime and SQL Server backend. Looked at the Acc XP tools options and there it is. Thanks anyway.
Regards

Richard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back