Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form components different sizes depending on Win7 or WinXP

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuntsvilleRob

Programmer
Nov 3, 2010
US
Hello. I have an app written in Borland C++ Builder 6 and tested on a computer running WinXP. Everything works great. However, when I move the app to a Windows 7 OS, the app works but some of the components' sizes change, e.g.- a string grid which has height 500 and width 500 on the WinXP will suddenly have a width and height of 750 in the Windows 7 OS. Is there a setting I'm using wrong? Anyone else seen this? Thanks.
-Rob

Hi,

I've just noticed that. My font has changed, it's Adobe font, but another type of font got bigger - same form.
One of forms has resized to really small dimensions.
Did you solve the problem?

( Created on Win7 and tested on XP )

Hello. Yes, I solved my problem. It didn't end up being a problem between Windows XP and Windows 7, it was just that one computer had the DPI setting set to 96 and the other computer had it set to 120. *In addition*, I had the Properties attribute of the problem form set to Scaled=true. I was able to solve my problem by changing the Properties attribute to Scaled=false, or equivalently by making sure that the DPI setting on both computers was the same and leaving Scaled=true. Hope this works for you!

Glad we could help. [lol]

James P. Cottingham
[sup]I'm number 1,229!
I'm number 1,229![/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back