Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Form AllowEdits property

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omono

MIS
Apr 20, 2001
US
I am trying to add an Edit Record Command button on a input form so the user must take some action to edit the information. I have the form set to AllowEdits=False. On Click event for the cmdbutton sets AllowEdits=True. My problem is that I cannot figure out a way to reset AllowEdits=False when I navigate to the next record. Suggestions? Thanks in advance

This might not be the most efficiant way possible, but it should work.

Create your own record navigation buttons, but adding a control button. Tell it to be a record navigation button.

After it's created go to it onclick event and add the AllowEdits=False command.

Add all the other record navigation buttons that you want and tell the form to hide the system record nav. buttons.

good luck!

Mickyjune26 - Thanks for your quick reply. You mentioned that using AllowEdits may not be the most efficient way to do what I want. What do you suggest?

sorry, what I meant is my solution to your problem might not be the most efficiant.

I'm kind of new to access, so as far as I know, allowedits is the most efficiant variable to accomplish your goal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back