Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forgot password

Status
Not open for further replies.

salaam

Technical User
Jan 16, 2003
US
I'm locked out of my labtop. I forgot my password. Its a Dell Inspiron, Pentium III. What steps do I take to get into my system.

MsYJM@aol.com

Is it windows2k OS, then no problem, Try to log in as administrator. Or else you may have to restart your operating system.

If you log in to you W2K OS with your own Username and Password (not Administrator and PWD) try to contact your system administrator. If you are loged in as Administrator or you changed Username from Admin to something else and you don't have any other user accounts with administrator wrights, you will have to REINSTALL (not restart!!!) your OS.
But have no fear! If you chose REPAIR WINDOWS (not Instal a new copy...) when you install a new copy of W2K, all of your Data on laptop will remain intact. There will be only one problem - you will have to reinstall all your Programs on your laptop.

Allways make a new mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back