Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forgot Administrator Password 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

YErrolY

MIS
Feb 20, 2008
US
some how the Administrator password on our NBX100 was changed and no one knows it! Is there a way to find out this password? It is not 0000 or 00000000. Help Please!!

You will have to call 3com, this is not something we can do ourselves as they decipher the password.

If you can get console access, I cannot remember if that requires a password or not,
at the command line type

v3001r->nbxDb
Task 1f8e3fd4 (tShell) opened DB connection. Active cnxns = 11
DBITEST (? for help): X
encrypted admin pass ---> (!xxxxxxxxxx)

DBITEST (? for help):

something happened to the second half of my post...

take the encrypted password to
http:// web.abnormal.com/~thogard/nbx/password.html

at the bottom of the page, insert your encrypted password and it may be able to decode it for you... it worked for me...

Guess what? They haven't changed the encryption scheme on the NBX V3000 the site works for them as well. What a guy!

guess what....they probably wont change the encryption either....I bet theres no one left in the R&D for the v300. they've all gone the SIP route.

3com has two product lines. The nbx and the vcx. The vcx is sip native and the nbx can be upgraded. (they also rebrand digium's asterisk appliance)
They continue to release hardware based on the nbx line. From what I have read they have no plans on discontinuing the nbx line. While sip is nice, it is not the end all best protocol for voip. Also, not every install needs to be sip.

I'm running version R4_3_3 and need password recovery, the site doesn't show anything for this version, what can I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back