Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forestprep error

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluecrack

MIS
Apr 9, 2001
US
I am running Exchange 2003 "setup /forestprep" on our domain controller, which happens to be the Exchange 2000 server. Towards the end of the forestprep, I get the following error:

"Setup failed while installing sub-component in Microsoft Exchange Organization-Level Container Children with error code 0x80071392 (please consult the installation logs for a detailed description). You may cancel the install or try the failed step again." RETRY / CANCEL

It then failes with the error:

Object already exits
Facitility: LDAP Provider
ID NO: 80071392
Microsoft Exchange Setup

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

Alright, after a little digging in the "Exchange Server Setup Progess.log" file I found some items I could search for on the internet. Specifically, forestprep was having a problem with the Default Global Address List.

It did not appear in System Manager and had no permissions assigned to it an active directory. I followed the instructions in this article to reset the permissions on the object:

After changing the permissions on the Default Globabl Address List it appeared again in System Manager and Exchange 2003 forestprep completed successfully.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back