Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Forcing SIP calls to disconnect after a certian period of ringing 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

nurban

Vendor
Sep 14, 2010
US
Ran into an interesting issue while integrating with a legacy TDM Dialer.

Dialer connects to an IP500v2 R9.0.5 via PRI using QSIG A and then places calls out to the PSTN via SIP trunking.
If the dialer experiences 60 seconds of ringing, it looks as the call being made on a bad trunk and flags it as an error instead of Ring No Answer. The carrier can not make an adjustment to disconnect calls like this, and I'm wondering - has anyone ever come up with a way to terminate a call after 55 seconds of ringing? Seems like a GRIP may be necessary to modify the dial similar to how the Maximum Call Length feature works under Dial.

I don't see why IPO should solve such provider issues.

I'm with you 100% :)
Carriers almost always seem to point elsewhere instead of correcting their issues, and anyone who's done the GRIP process knows how long that takes. Just trying to clear off my plate before the weekend and say "I've tried everything I could!"

GRIP = At least a year....if it makes them money, this won't so it'll never happen :)

In the mood for tweaking?

Make a set of Phantom users, one for each dialler. Mobile twinning on, 0 sec. No answer time 55 sec. Voicemail On. Pin codes.

Send the calls to VMPro, routing based on diallers CLI.
Make a Generic action setting the Mobile twinning number on the Phantom User assigned, then transfer to the same Phantom User.
At 55 sec, the call goes to VM. Ringing terminates.

Make the Leave action offer options: call again / terminate (or just terminate straight off).

(Not tested, just a weird workaround on top of my head [smile])

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

I was thinking the same Gunnar. I would be manually disconnecting the call at 55 if it's causing issues and not likely to be resolved any other way.

You lose, Carl Miller.

Thanks HM [smile]

Just started testing an E-SBC from Intertex.
Looks like it can kill off calls gracefully if the ring time exceeds a predefined amount of seconds.

https://www.mediafire.com/convkey/088c/d1d74kr4tdg2aij6g.jpg

Kind regards

Gunnar

[IMGhttp://www.mediafire.com/convkey/8be3/2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg[/IMG]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back