Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

forcing report footer to bottom of page

Status
Not open for further replies.

stormtrooper

Programmer
Apr 2, 2001
CA
Is there a way to force the report footer to the bottom of the page instead of after the detail section? I don't want a page footer.

stormtrooper, by definition, a report footer is not the same thing as a page footer. In design view, from the View Menu, which option do you have checked:
Page Header/Footer, or
Report Header/Footer

if you want it at the end of the report, that would be the report footer option.
now if you're saying you want to have it occur at the bottom of the page, as opposed to the middle of the page (depending on where the detail section ends), this can be done by a little manipulation of the size of the detail section. just stretching out the detail section will work if you have a standard length report, but if it varies in length, this is no good.

Brian Famous
bfamous@ncdoi.net

I have tried that. My detail section consists of many records. So it is no good.

Could there be a way that you could hide a page footer if it is not on the last page?

gt

Hi!

I am also trying to figure this out. I have some information in my report that should be on the last page of the report, at the bottom of the page. If I use a Page Footer it will appear at the bottom of every page. If I use the report footer, it will sometimes put it in the middle of the last page. I can increase the space for the report footer but since there is different data in the report all the time the information can sometimes end up on a separate page....

Is there a way to hide certain data in the page footer on every page except the last?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Elizabeth
snowy_ej@yahoo.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back